Natural persons or legal persons who intend to open restaurant(s).
Application procedures and required documents:
– Establishments to be set up in constructed buildings with operating license
- Completed application form of opening hotels and similar establishments 【HS Model 101】 (the form can be downloaded from the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) Industry Net or available at the Macao Government Tourism Office / Macao Government Services Centre / Macao Government Services Centre in Islands)
– According to Article 34 of Decree Law no. 16/96/M of 1st April, the names of the establishments should be in both Chinese and Portuguese with the exception of hotels whose names are internationally recognised.
– Name in English or other languages may be included if necessary but the meaning of the name in different languages should be basically corresponding to each other.
- 1.1 For corporate applicants, the application form must be signed by the company’s legitimate representative(s) according to the signature sample on the identification document(s), with a copy of the representative(s)’ identification document(s) (the front and back sides on the same page) attached.
- 1.2 For individual applicants, applicants should sign the relevant application forms according to the signature sample on their identification documents. The form should be submitted together with a copy of the identification document (the front and back sides on same page).
- 1.3 For applicants authorising others to submit the application on their behalf, the original letter of authorisation with notarised signature(s), or a certified copy of such, must be submitted. Copy of the identification document(s) of the authorised person(s) must be enclosed (the front and back sides on same page).
2. For corporate applicants, an original certificate of company registration issued by the Commercial and Movable Property Registry within the past three months must be submitted.
3. One original and four copies of each of the following documents must be submitted:
3.1 Completed similar establishments (the form can be downloaded from MGTO Industry Net or available at the Macao Government Tourism Office / Macao Government Services Centre / Macao Government Services Centre in Islands)
3.2 Floor plan in appropriate proportions
3.3 Floor plans of all stories of the building which are to be business location in a scale of 1:100, for the assessment of layout of the facilities, the passageways and the equipment (areas for related facilities and passageways should be clearly indicated. Applicable only to hotels)
3.4 Sufficient quantity of cross-sections and a longitudinal sections in a 1:100 scale are required for better understanding of the design plan. One of the sections should show the entrances and exits elevations
3.5 Elevation of every building in a scale of 1:100
3.6 Declaration of simplifying procedure##【G Model 701】 (the form can be downloaded from MGTO Industry Net or available at the Macao Government Tourism Office / Macao Government Services Centre / Macao Government Services Centre in Islands)
3.7 A copy of receipt and application form M6 with its index issued by DSSCU;
3.8 Front view photo of every side of the building in size of 18cm x 24cm;
3.9 Memorandum of description and illustration of project, including:
3.9.1 The building’s characteristics and compatibility with the surrounding area
3.9.2 Overall fit-out and main features of building
3.9.3 Materials used for building, facings and decorations
3.9.4 General characteristics of the establishment(s), distinctive features of public area and service area
3.9.5 Estimated commencement and completion date of the construction project
3.10.1 ## For applicants not choosing the simplified application procedure, one original with six copies for documents listed under point 3 and a declaration【G Model 702】 should be submitted to MGTO. (The form can be downloaded from MGTO Industry Net or available at the Macao Government Tourism Office / Macao Government Services Centre / Macao Government Services Centre in Islands).
3.10.2 Design plans of all establishments must be drawn by architects, civil engineers or technicians in the field of electronic engineering or mechanical engineering, fire-fighting engineering companies, building contractors or construction companies, all registered in the Land and Urban Construction Bureau (DSSCU). All plans require signatures of applicants and relevant technicians.
3.10.3 If the establishment is located on a classified immovable property (i.e. “monuments”, “buildings of architectural interest”, “building complex” or “sites”), a to-be-classified immovable property or in a buffer zone and a temporary buffer zone as defined by Law No. 11/2013 on “Cultural Heritage Protection Act”, an additional copy must be submitted to the Macao Government Tourism Office for the purpose of seeking opinion from the Cultural Affairs Bureau.
4. A copy of the M/1 business tax form from the Finance Services Bureau (DSF) (can be submitted when applying for inspection of facilities).
5. Original identity document of person is required to be presented when submitting application form.
- Inspection fee: MOP500
- Fee for publishing license extract on the Official Gazette of the Macao Special Administrative Region: MOP1,000 (Overpayment refundable; supplemental payment for deficiency)
- License issuance fee:
3.1 Deluxe similar establishments: MOP12,500 (plus 10% stamp duty)
3.2 First-class and second-class similar establishments: MOP7,500 (plus 10% stamp duty)
For more information, please click here
(Competent department: MGTO)